Thursday, May 3, 2012
After promised for who knows how long I finally ordered the yarn, bought the pattern, and got started on a blankie for Destructo-boy. I had long admired the Babbette blanket but the thought of making a huge blankie out of fingering weight yarn made me want to weep. So after checking the numerous projects that have been made with that pattern I decided it would work just fine with worsted weight yarn. Then the conundrum of finding just the right colors of yarn in a washable fiber. Knit Picks to the rescue! They recently came out with their very first selection of acrylic yarn, perfect for a grubby little kiddo.
I am a little overwhelmed at the amount of squares that need to be made for this blanket, but it will look so cute when finished I think it's worth it. Now I just need to figure out how to relax and not worry overmuch about the colors used in each square. I don't want it to be too heavy on one color and light on others, but don't really want to stress about it either. Regardless it is coming along nicely and it a nice change of pace from the knitting that normally takes up all my time. When it is done I think it'll look great, that's just a long time from now I fear!