Thursday, July 22, 2010

Office with a view...


Yes, this is where I get to work everyday.  Aren't you insanely jealous, well, at least a little?  I am incredibly lucky in that I am able to work part-time from home, with flexible hours to fit into my parenting schedule.  It all started a few months after I quit my full time job to be a stay at home mom when I got a call from my old employer asking me if I'd like to do some research work from home on my own schedule, 'why of course!' I answered (I'd be kind of dense to pass up an offer like that!).  It's now going on three years and I feel so fortunate to have a job where I am not on a specific schedule and can actually get some work done while keeping an eye on my ankle-biters at the same time.

With the onset of some actual heat the ankle-biters really want to play outside instead of staying inside where it gets pretty warm while mommy works on the computer (no A/C except for the portable unit we use for about a month).  So after a quick request I actually have power at the patio table in the backyard due to Mister Vonkysmeeds' engineering skills (I have learned to not refer to him as crafty, but to use more 'technical' terms) hooray!  I'd rely on battery power but I get about 20 minutes before my laptop craps out, sigh.  But now I can set up in the backyard to do my play, ravelry cruising, facebook checking work during the hot months of summer and keep an eye on Lil' Miss and Destructo boy while they play in the pool and on the waterslide.  Yes, life is good, so nice you asked and I do hope your summer is going just as well too!

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, yeah, rub it in. At least I have windows all around the office so I get to see outside while chained to my PC.

    Mister Vonkysmeed and I are certainly not "crafty"--unless you mean "devious"--more like "handy," "skilled," "fearless," "foolhardy."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good to me. I wouldn't mind working that way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I'm going to check out the German twisted cast on!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails